As you plan your holiday celebrations, check out what Wild Hibiscus Flowers have to offer! These versatile dessert toppers, hors d’oeuvres, and drink decorations look sophisticated and taste like a mix of raspberries & rhubarb. Each 8.8 oz jar comes with approximately 11 flowers and 100% natural syrup. Think outside the jar with these party themed ideas:
WILD HIBISCUS ROYALE
This drink was first served at the legendary Dorchestor Hotel London in 2006, where it remains the most popular Champagne cocktail on the menu. Decadent, divine & oh so classy… a new classic is born!
Wild Hibiscus Flower Garnish
¼ oz natural rose water
2/3 oz Wild Hibiscus Syrup
- Muddle mint in the champagne flute & discard (squash some leaves around inside the glass)
- Place Wild Hibiscus Flower in bottom of glass & stand upright
- Add rose water & some bruised torn mint pieces
- Top with Champagne
- Pour in the Hibiscus syrup which will graduate from crimson at the bottom to light pink at the top
**Tip: pour syrup in first for a layered effect
The flower will sit in the bottom of the champagne flute and slowly open up over 3-4 minutes.
1 jar Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup
2/3 cups sparkling wine (the half empty bottle of bubbly left in the fridge is great for this recipe)
½ cup water
5 gelatin leaves or 3 teaspoons gelatin powder
Whipped cream, dark chocolate curls & maraschino cherries for garnishing
- Add sparkling wine to a mixing bowl
- Pour ½ cup of the Hibiscus syrup (no flowers) into the wine.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm water & dissolve gelatin. Do not boil
- Pour into the wine through a sieve & mix through
- Place a Wild Hibiscus Flower into 6-7 champagne flutes or fancy glasses & fill 2/3 of the glass with the jelly mix.
- Refrigerate overnight to set (the flowers will set in all sorts of crazy positions)
- Top with whipped cream, maraschino cherry (preferably with stems) & dark chocolate pieces.
**Tips: Curl dark chocolate by warming slightly & using a potato peeler. Canned whipped cream works great for decorating.
10 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Bissinger's Wine Grapes make a great gift. You're not going to find a better price, save $7 this weekend only! http://t.co/KDErNDkCBv
11 hours ago @StraubsMarkets RT @STLcwescene: Impress your guests this #holiday season with a salami appetizer from @StraubsMarkets! http://t.co/9UvYgjYc70
14 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Who doesn't love Ciao Bella Ice Cream? And at this Weekend Only price, who doesn't love 3 or 4? ;) http://t.co/Ykoyvk2Z2R