- 2 medium onions
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup carrots or 1 cup parsnip, sliced
- 1 cup turnips or 1 cup rutabaga
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup split red lentils
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Braggs liquid aminos or 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons marmite
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, chunks
- In a large, lightly oiled pot steam fry the onion until it begins to soften [that means cook it in a bit of water] Add flour and stir around completely.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, bring to boil. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Taste and season.
23 minutes ago @StraubsMarkets Need a last minute idea for your #gameday party? #Straubs has a variety of dips avail. for $9.99 http://t.co/XTuDqL4hrr
1 day ago @StraubsMarkets Make sure to remember the #sweets for Sunday! Decorated #CookieCakes & #Cupcakes avail. at #Straubs now! http://t.co/tujjeaiLlb
2 days ago @StraubsMarkets RT @STLcwescene: Stop by @StraubsMarkets to take advantage of their #MassiveMeatSale! Happening now! #cwe #foodie #paradise http://t.co/1CR…