- 2 medium onions
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup carrots or 1 cup parsnip, sliced
- 1 cup turnips or 1 cup rutabaga
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup split red lentils
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Braggs liquid aminos or 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons marmite
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, chunks
- In a large, lightly oiled pot steam fry the onion until it begins to soften [that means cook it in a bit of water] Add flour and stir around completely.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, bring to boil. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Taste and season.
3 days ago @StraubsMarkets Perfect for those celebrating #RoshHashanah... #Wine imported from Israel! http://t.co/UV1TGqDjx6
3 days ago @StraubsMarkets @itsjuststarla We are between marketing coordinators right now. Go ahead and email the GM of Straub's tim (at) http://t.co/dKKQZ6D966.
4 days ago @StraubsMarkets RT @TASTESTL: Thank you Rhineland Cutlery, @StraubsMarkets, @Sears, @SamsClub, @russoscatering and many others for making #TasteSTL2014 a h…