Tesoro tomatoes are a true Food Lover’s tomato! Perfect for all recipes and uses with a bold taste and great texture—just arrived in stores today! Keep your eye out for these beauties…
THE TOMATO THAT COOKS!
Tesoro is an exciting new award-winning tomato that is the best ingredient for cooking, slicing and dicing. Tesoro is an “all-meat” tomato with no gel. Whether it’s cooking fresh tomato sauce, preparing a tasty salsa or bruschetta or simply making a delicious sandwich, Tesoro tomatoes are perfect for a wide variety of uses. In Italian, tesoro means treasure!
- Tesoro began in Italy as a seed variety named Intense selected by Nunhems Vegetable Seeds
- Intense Variety won Fruit Logistica’s Innovation Award and the PMA’s Buyer’s Choice Award in 2008
- The Produce Exchange brought Intense to North America in 2007 and the brand Tesoro was born with its first retail test in 2010.
- Today, Tesoro tomatoes are hot house grown and are available year-round
SAY GOODBYE TO:
• Wagon wheel slices
• Watery salsa
• Soggy sandwiches
Proven “best tomato when used in a recipe” by Scientific Certification Systems.
- Thick and robust sauces and sautés
- Chunky and never watery salsa and bruschetta
- Sandwiches that don’t get soggy
- Baked or grilled halves & slices hold their shape
STORAGE & HANDLING
Store as you would any other tomato—in a cool dry place at 55°F
Recipe suggestion: Try Tesoro tomatoes in this great Ratatouille!
9 hours ago @StraubsMarkets #Straubs Webster store circa 1960 #tbt http://t.co/1TvSq1qqSx
11 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Our final quote for our #AllThingsBritish gift giveaway has been posted! Can you guess #WhoSaidIt? http://t.co/Kna6dpFoMt
1 day ago @StraubsMarkets We just posted our 3rd quote for our #AllThingsBritish gift giveaway on our facebook page! Can you guess #WhoSaidIt? http://t.co/nxJvNo0PjD