- 2 (8-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 6 thick-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Sprinkle salmon with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Flake fish into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add flour; stir until mixture is smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add potato, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in corn and half-and-half. Cook 6 minutes or until heated.
- Add cooked salmon, stirring gently to combine. Spoon into individual bowls; top with crumbled bacon.
7 hours ago @StraubsMarkets #HolidayShopping this weekend? Give the gift of good eating to someone this holiday! Order a specialty #GiftBasket or create a custom one.
1 day ago @StraubsMarkets #Holiday #Shopping #Deals. Come in anytime on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and use this $5 off coupon on any purchase: http://t.co/NFHvLB7SC5
2 days ago @StraubsMarkets Anyone know who this "guy" is? He'll be at our #SipOfStraubs event! December 11, 5-8 pm in the Clayton Store Rotunda. http://t.co/eMBXMI2lS3