- 4½ cups bread flour, divided
- 2¼ teaspoons (1 packet) active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- In a large bowl, stir 1 cup flour, yeast, and warm water until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, maple syrup, oil, salt, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and egg until combined.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir to combine.
- Using a wooden spoon or dough hook attachment, stir in remaining flour 1 cup at a time until a dough forms. Knead by hand on a lightly floured surface 7-10 minutes until smooth and elastic, adding more flour as needed OR knead on medium speed with dough hook attachment 5-6 minutes until smooth and elastic, adding more flour as needed.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl; turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour in a warm place until doubled.
- When dough is doubled, punch down and knead in cranberries and pecans.
- Divide dough into 16 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough into a 12-inch log. Fold each log in half, then twist both ends once, pinching seams to seal. Place twists on 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cover baking sheets with tea towels or lightly greased plastic wrap. Let twists rise until puffy, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Uncover twists; brush with beaten egg. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and baked through. Cool slightly before serving.
6 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Now here's the perfect beer to bring to the party! #UrbanChestnut Count Orlock Black Pumpkin Ale. #ScaryGood #FrighteninglyFun >> Only $9.49
12 hours ago @StraubsMarkets A great #Halloween party needs a great Straub's #Dessert. Skip the candy and get some fresh baked #IcedBrownieWedges. http://t.co/ooUBiSuK52
12 hours ago @StraubsMarkets RT @StringbeanPete: Many of my local favorites are at @StraubsMarkets. How about a great meal before trick or treating?!