Pot Roast with Fingerling Potatoes
What you’ll need:
- 3 lbs Kobe beef arm or shoulder roast
- 1 yellow onion—roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic—peeled
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- In an herb sachet:
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 14 oz assorted fingerling potatoes—split in half length-wise
- 6 oz baby carrots
- 10 oz parsnips—peeled & cut on a bias
How to prepare the pot roast:
- Preheat oven to 325⁰F.
- Liberally season the beef with salt & pepper.
- Heat a braising pan over high heat & add oil. Place the beef roast in the pan, browning the meat on both sides (approx. 4-5 minutes per side). Remove the roast and set it aside.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to the hot pan. Sauté until the onions start to brown.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine and allow it to reduce until almost dry.
- Add beef broth & tomato paste, bringing the sauce to a boil.
- Add the reserved beef roast & the sachet of herbs.
- Cover with a tightly fitted lid & bake at 325⁰F for approx. 2 ½ hours or until tender.*
*Check the meat by slicing off a piece. Thickness of the cut may cause baking times to vary.
- Add potatoes, carrots & parsnips. Bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & serve.
17 hours ago @StraubsMarkets People Magazine published "Food Gifts from Every State" and Straub's had featured items. See what made the list! http://t.co/1dEUsBedgP
19 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Straub's has everything you need for your holiday meal! Check out this week's Food-E-News here: http://t.co/1adgawfXMc
22 hours ago @StraubsMarkets People Magazine named the Kentucky Bourbon Cake as the best gift to give from Kentucky! You can ship… http://t.co/9s7MSdbP55