Pot Roast with Fingerling Potatoes
What you’ll need:
- 3 lbs Eye of Round roast
- 1 yellow onion—roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic—peeled
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- In an herb sachet:
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 14 oz assorted fingerling potatoes—split in half length-wise
- 6 oz baby carrots
- 10 oz parsnips—peeled & cut on a bias
How to prepare the pot roast:
- Preheat oven to 325⁰F.
- Liberally season the beef with salt & pepper.
- Heat a braising pan over high heat & add oil. Place the beef roast in the pan, browning the meat on both sides (approx. 4-5 minutes per side). Remove the roast and set it aside.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to the hot pan. Sauté until the onions start to brown.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine and allow it to reduce until almost dry.
- Add beef broth & tomato paste, bringing the sauce to a boil.
- Add the reserved beef roast & the sachet of herbs.
- Cover with a tightly fitted lid & bake at 325⁰F for approx. 2 ½ hours or until tender.*
*Check the meat by slicing off a piece. Thickness of the cut may cause baking times to vary.
- Add potatoes, carrots & parsnips. Bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & serve.
6 hours ago @StraubsMarkets @BBlynch1091 Had to pick up some last minute items? What did you get? #StraubsMarkets #ShopLocal
6 hours ago @StraubsMarkets @nattyp626 Good food is good food no matter what you make! What all did you pick of at the store? #StraubsMarkets #ShopLocal
6 hours ago @StraubsMarkets RT @DaveKeiser: Want something special 2 treat yourself 2? Get most incredible peaches you'll ever enjoy from http://t.co/6xm28du1ku @Strau…