- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cups plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Bottled sweet-and-sour sauce, for serving
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse together coconut and breadcrumbs until coconut is in small pieces; transfer to a shallow bowl, and scatter a handful over a baking sheet.
- Set aside. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg whites.
- Toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Working in batches, dip shrimp in egg whites to coat completely; lift from whites (shaking off any excess), and dredge in coconut mixture. Lay on prepared baking sheet.
- In a large, deep heavy-bottom pan, heat oil over medium heat until 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Cook half the shrimp, lightly shaking to separate shrimp, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer shrimp to paper towels to drain.
- Return oil to 350 degrees.repeat with remaining shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, mustard, and curry powder. Serve the sauce with shrimp, garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
16 hours ago @StraubsMarkets This Thursday, the sale of all sales start. Straub's Massive Meat Sale.Check out http://t.co/dKKQZ6D966 4 the deals http://t.co/Cy9XyDBfQ3
16 hours ago @StraubsMarkets RT @OPFoodSearch: Buy OFS Wines this weekend @ 80+ locations 4 #CheersTo35Years. Portion of proceeds go to OFS! http://t.co/Bj3WNMceZU http…
3 days ago @StraubsMarkets #Straubs #MassiveMeatSale starts next Thursday! Check out the deals @ http://t.co/dKKQZ6D966 #meatlovers #shoplocal http://t.co/PixUifzvww