- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
- 4 slices rustic white bread
- 2 slices provolone cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pale ale beer
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F. In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl.
- Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown
8 hours ago @StraubsMarkets RT @RLGateway: Fill your home with goodies from @StraubsMarkets @DirtCheapChickn @MisterGuyWomens @MillersFineJlry @walterknoll #FF
8 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Shane is at Clayton until 3 pm sampling #LeafDressing. It's on sale for only $3.99. Look for samples at CWE tomorrow and Webster on Sunday.
13 hours ago @StraubsMarkets #SipOfStraubs. Clayton Store Rotunda. Friday 5-8 pm. Wines include St. Hilaire: a bubbly favored by Thomas Jefferson! http://t.co/icwltyZtFj