- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
- 4 slices rustic white bread
- 2 slices provolone cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pale ale beer
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F. In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl.
- Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown
2 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Pair your #seafood tonight with a crisp & refreshing glass of #Butter #chardonnay now avail. at #Straubs! http://t.co/hFnaQeO32y
3 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Happy #FishFriday! #Fish lunch specials avail. today at all #Straubs locations http://t.co/Yek3kwcArZ
4 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Perfect #wine selections, from #Straubs #wine experts, to pair with your #BBQ : http://t.co/ccjGRNGp9a http://t.co/cOUMJRjHY8