- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, cleaned
- 1 pound fresh or frozen crabmeat
- 1 10-ounce box frozen okra, thawed and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a heavy saucepan until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat, then add the vegetables (except the okra), 4 cups of broth, Worcestershire, salt, and thyme. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the okra and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in the shellfish and cook 5 minutes more, or until the shrimp curl and turn pink.
15 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Straub's Store-Made Rotisserie Turkey Breast is a great option for all of us tired of Lamb & Ham! save $2 this week http://t.co/JW1oRh3Bn0
1 day ago @StraubsMarkets Happy Earth Day! Check out Straub's Compost made at the Missouri Botanical Garden from Straub's own produce trimmings http://t.co/V6qI7tE14q
1 day ago @StraubsMarkets Stop by Straub's this week for some Fresh Choices! Check out Food-E-News here: http://t.co/UM1cbWLPK0