- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, cleaned
- 1 pound fresh or frozen crabmeat
- 1 10-ounce box frozen okra, thawed and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a heavy saucepan until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat, then add the vegetables (except the okra), 4 cups of broth, Worcestershire, salt, and thyme. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the okra and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in the shellfish and cook 5 minutes more, or until the shrimp curl and turn pink.
7 hours ago @StraubsMarkets RT @RLGateway: Fill your home with goodies from @StraubsMarkets @DirtCheapChickn @MisterGuyWomens @MillersFineJlry @walterknoll #FF
7 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Shane is at Clayton until 3 pm sampling #LeafDressing. It's on sale for only $3.99. Look for samples at CWE tomorrow and Webster on Sunday.
12 hours ago @StraubsMarkets #SipOfStraubs. Clayton Store Rotunda. Friday 5-8 pm. Wines include St. Hilaire: a bubbly favored by Thomas Jefferson! http://t.co/icwltyZtFj