- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, cleaned
- 1 pound fresh or frozen crabmeat
- 1 10-ounce box frozen okra, thawed and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a heavy saucepan until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat, then add the vegetables (except the okra), 4 cups of broth, Worcestershire, salt, and thyme. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the okra and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in the shellfish and cook 5 minutes more, or until the shrimp curl and turn pink.
8 hours ago @StraubsMarkets @luvvnjenn Sounds great! Can't wait to see you here! #StraubsMarket
8 hours ago @StraubsMarkets #FairSTL is this weekend, and we'll be there! Come stop by, say hi, and grab some tasty #eats 👍#STL… https://t.co/fKV78C77HV
9 hours ago @StraubsMarkets @luvvnjenn Both great choices! Have you been into #Straubs before? Fresh produce and of course bacon! #FreshFood http://t.co/VMqbdK54QS