- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, cleaned
- 1 pound fresh or frozen crabmeat
- 1 10-ounce box frozen okra, thawed and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a heavy saucepan until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat, then add the vegetables (except the okra), 4 cups of broth, Worcestershire, salt, and thyme. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the okra and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in the shellfish and cook 5 minutes more, or until the shrimp curl and turn pink.
17 hours ago @StraubsMarkets Hosting your 1st #Passover this Friday? Let us help w/ the #Cooking! Order online at: http://t.co/qsRNhPuNFS http://t.co/uEVYDpCOKR
1 day ago @StraubsMarkets "My only guilty pleasure is a good rack of ribs, even at 7:30 in the morning." Get your #Grillin on today! #Straubs #WhatWouldFrankDo
3 days ago @StraubsMarkets Pair your #seafood tonight with a crisp & refreshing glass of #Butter #chardonnay now avail. at #Straubs! http://t.co/hFnaQeO32y